Friday, April 11, 2008

1st Swim Lessons

Clayton is enrolled in the YMCA's Mommy-n-Me Class (it actually is more of a Chris-n-Me class though!) I get to hang out on the sidelines taking 100's of pictures-hence the extensive display on this weeks blog!
There are about 10 parent-child couples and we work on swimming on our back/fronts, blowing bubbles, jumping off the edge, singing and swimming towards toys!


Clayton's main goal in general is to get to the side of the pool. I think he just wants to pick at the tiles and the splashes seem to be more effective on the side.

Chris loved the swim lessons and the boys were having a great time!
The instructor's had the kids jump off the sides to the parents. It was more of a belly-flop with daddy catching him!

I think Clayton's favorite part of the lessons is blowing bubbles. Actually, he likes when we blow the bubbles and he tries to catch them. This results in a lot of water up mom and dad's nose and one happy baby!
He tried to blow bubbles last lesson, but went into the water head first and mouth wide open!
He get's an A+ in the splashing department!

We have 3 more weeks, twice a week, of swim lessons left...more picture to come!

1 comment:

Teryn said...

oh cute! I wish I would've done that with Claira! looks like fun!