Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Field Trip

Chris had last Thuresday off of school so we decided to explore Oklahoma.
Our first stop was Express Clydesdale. It is a working Clydesdale farm in the middle of no-where OK, so they let anyone come walk around the farm.

They even had a Zebra and mini ponies that you could pet.


Chris and I loved the horses....
Clayton loved the accessories...

And most of all, the DOGS!!





Martin Park was our next stop.

This is a cool little park with several trails in the middle of a town. You can still hear the faint sounds of the highway, acting as back ground noise to the running streams. It was a breath of fresh air! Equipped with a big tree house look-out, streams, prairie dog watch and bird houses everywhere!

Little did we know..but...Oklahoma is known for having ticks. I thought that I was pulling a hanging scab off of Clayton but it started moving. Then Chris comes in wanting me to pull one off of him too. I haven't been the same since. I keep getting this 'crawling' sensation like there are ticks on me too. Ahhh! Looks like we're going to wait until the fall to go back to Martin Park.

1 comment:

Teryn said...

ahh! ticks! I wouldn't be the same after that either! Looks like fun though :)