Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Big Day!

The big day has arrived and it was only 1 day early. The hospital called and asked if we could reschedule the C-section for Sunday morning instead of Monday. SURE! This is my last picture with our little 'basketball' baby.
C-section picture. I haven't felt this good in months. I love the drugs, I guess. There isn't anything pretty about child birth, but a scheduled C-section has to be the next best thing.
So, I have the best husband who never left my side...except to go home to get his camping cot to set up in the room. Everyone that came in thought it was a great idea. The last night we were there, a drunk driver hit the buildings gas line and we froze. A 60 degree room, a cold shower and the discharge papers were the highlight of our Tuesday!
Laney's first kiss! So, far Clayton has been great with Laney. He got a train table 'from her' when we got home and has been very occupied since she arrived home.

I love this picture. The doctor's first words were 'She has hair'. And, then my next words: "good. we have bows". This is the beginning of a great life.

7 comments:

blondeviolin said...

Congratulations again! I'm glad Clayton is doing well with her!

Tricia said...

Yay!!! I am so excited for you! She looks so cute. I can't wait to meet her in real life. I'm glad all went well. I really hope you are doing well. :)

Teryn said...

yay ;) She's such a cutie and Laney seems to suit her perfectly!! Congrats and I'm glad that everything went well (except for the drunk driver who took away all your heat! ah!).

I hope you're not too tired and you're enjoying your sweet little family ;) smell that newborn head for me.. sigh.. newborns are so precious and right from God!

Hugs!
Teryn

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the little one!!!! So cute!

Topher and Carma said...

She is so so cute! Congrats, we can't wait to come and see her. I hope you're doing good.

Sam said...

She is beautiful! Can't wait to meet her! Congratulations you guys and Bri, love the bow!

Christy said...

Congrats! What a "fun" day... Ninja, you always crack me up! You've always got something funny to say like "well, we have bows!" Ha! She is such a cutie. Glad you're all doing so well. And the cot is definitely the best idea I've ever heard a guy come up with for that situation! Nice!