Friday, January 29, 2010

Our Week...

So apparently, and I didn't know this, if you take your baby into the ER for a fever, they keep them until they determine the specific problem. So, Wednesday we went to the ER because Laney's fever wasn't coming down and we just got home (Friday Afternoon) after we discovered that it was just a bacterial infection....somewhere in her little body. Here are the pictures; and boy was she a trooper.
We couldn't get her to stop eating her IV. It was 48 hours of antibiotics via IV and out the door to a winter wonderland.

It had iced 1/2-1 inches and snowed A LOT by the time Laney and I got out of the hospital. Clayton kept telling me that it was raining 'snowman'. This is me teaching him to write in his window breath steam.

But everyone is home and healty now, thanks to everyone who helped us out!
PS. Not that this was the point, but I lost weight in the hospital. Guess I never was the type to love cafeteria food. Or maybe it was the looks of Laney's plate that came just like mine EXCEPT in the form of a puree. I'm pretty sure it was something Lilli left us on the floor yesterday.
Claytonism of the week.... Apparently if broccoli looks like trees, and smells like the outdoors....it must be trees. And, this is how cookie monster eats 'trees':


3 comments:

Sam said...

Oh my goodness! That little boy is getting so big! And he is sooo adorable! I'm so glad to hear that Laney is home and doing better. I have been getting all of the updates through the grapevine. Y'all need to move back south and get away from all of that ice! Love you all! Take care, we miss you guys!

Teryn said...

Oh girl.. I'm sure I told you about my horrible E.R. experience with Claira when she was just 3 days old?!!? Surely!! Fever and babies (especially newborns, apparently) is a BAD combo! Claira did all that too.. did they give Laney a spinal tap?? Horrible.. just HORRIBLE! I lost weight in the hospital too! lol.. let's just say Claira was just 4 days old when I weighed myself and discovered I was back to pre-pregnancy weight.. and the weight just kept falling off... although mine was due to a combo of extreme stress and lack of appetite for the hospital food as well! I'm glad that everything is okay and that everyone is now healthy :) Clayton and Laney are both such cuties!!

Teresa said...

I heard from Sandy that Laney was in the hospital and immediately said a prayer for her. I know how scary it can be when your little ones are sick. I am so glad that all is well with your little family. Lots of Love to all!