Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Shoes



A small miracle has happened this week. Clayton has finally decided to wear shoes (most of the time). Granted, if they are velcro they have to be undone and if they are tied, they have to be untied...but I'll take whatever I can get. I am 'the mom with the dirty-footed-child' no longer!!!

Cherstin told us where to find these Squeaky shoes. They are our best friend and worst enemy all wrapped up in one little size 4 shoe. Clayton LOVES them (and they teach him to walk correctly, from the heal to toe), Lilli HATES them (she thinks he has stollen her toys and is hiding them in his shoe), AND most people SMILE when they see him coming. However, you can watch their countenance change after they realize that the squeak is not going away.

My original thought in buying the shoes was the result of losing Clayton in JCPenny's a couple weeks ago (and yes, freaked out- even considered putting him on a leash from then on). So hence the noisy shoes. This shoe is perfect: Noisy shoe for Noisy child!


Here is one more Squeaky-Fabulous-Video for all of the Clayton enthusiasts!!

4 comments:

blondeviolin said...

Yay for shoes! And squeaky ones! We'll really have to keep ours on Emmett too because he has NO CARES about running away from me. He has a pair but isn't walking well enough for shoes yet.

He looks like he likes them...and don't worry, you'll get used to the noise. :)

Teryn said...

haha... that is so stink'n cute and I bet annoying all at the same time! haha... I have lost Claira a couple times myself at the store.. squeaky shoes are TOTALLY a good idea!

tristanandtricia said...

Those are so cute! I love those shoes!!
BTW- Yes, you are Clayton's mom...I'm glad you picked up on that. ;) All you do is copy and paste it into where you post a new blog...not under the compose section but the edit section. It's picky like that. :)

Megan said...

Those shoes are the coolest, and a much better alternative to a leash I might add! Kate is all the sudden into shoes too, she is always trying (unsuccessfully) to put hers on! Once she starts walking more, I'll have to look into those squeakers, how fun!